Cihuah is an Idea that Happens to Unite Architecture with Human body.
CLOTHING DESIGNED FOR WOMEN WHO WANT TO LOOK DIFFERENT.
VANESSA GUCKEL - FOUNDER AND CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Vanessa is the founder and creative director of the CIHUAH brand. Originally from France, she has been living in Mexico for the past 10 years, and it was here that she was inspired to begin her own label of exclusive, designer garments. Trained at the National School of Architecture in Strasbourg, France and the School of Architecture and Faculty of Fine Arts in Seville, Spain, she worked for several reputable architectural firms in both France and Mexico before turning to fashion design. With the understanding that, much like a building, “clothes are the spaces in which the human body lives”, Vanessa´s designs reflect an interplay between architectural concepts and fashion, resulting in a unique and striking image.
CIHUAH comes from the Nahuatl word for “women”, recognizing and acknowledging the indigenous women who create traditional craft designs, their ancient knowledge and culture. The brand pays tribute to the basic geometric patterns of indigenous Mexican clothing. CIHUAH garments reflect the design and pattern of Indigenous clothing, respecting their basic geometry while creating a contemporary look.
CIHUAH provides a range of options, from basic items to iconic pieces, reinvented classics and trend items. All pieces are a sophisticated vision in white and black, designed with an obsessive attention to the straight line and perfection; an exercise of confrontation between the line and the human figure. Architectural theory and techniques are applied, on a small scale, to each garment, using: geometry, proportion, aesthetics, construction-deconstruction, symmetry-asymmetry, balance-imbalance.
CIHUAH's ambition is to propose and investigate, through experimentation, a theoretical discourse on a new way of living the human body. Approaching to fashion design with architectural elements which make our physical space.
A basic wardrobe composed as the little black dress, but also reassessing the garment giving new uses and functions, all with a touch of design.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- April 2018: CIHUAH FW18 presented at the Frida Kahlo Museum, Mexico City and the brand launched its first Jewelry line.
- CIHUAH FW18: First presentation in NYC during NYFW at Casa Dragones Headquarters and a Trunk Show at 15th Central Park West.
- February 2018: CIHUAH launches its MUSE CAMPAIGN where the brand celebrates the muses of our creative director Vanessa Guckel. The first two muses are Françoise Lavertu and Carla Ortega.
- November 2017, CIHUAH received the Award as Best Fashion Runway.
- CIHUAH collaborates with Maison Lancôme Mexico.
- CIHUAH celebrates the Bastille Day in the Presidential Suite of the Sheraton Maria Isabel.
- CIHUAH launches all its collections in Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Mexico.
- CIHUAH FW17: The brand presents its new collection in an abandoned church with a piano concert of the famous Michael Nyman.
- Concrete Dress, Metal Dress and Wood Dress were exhibited during MBFWMX for the 'Bauhaus Collection'.
- In May 2016 CIHUAH® launches its new artistic project CIHUAH-ART®. Vanessa Guckel invites an artist in order to create a new artistic experience based on CIHUAH inspirations and concepts. (instagram @CIHUART)
- 2016, Vanessa was considered among the 100 Women Leaders in Mexico by Universal Newspaper.
- 2015, Lancôme Award winner for Best Woman Entrepreneurship and brand success.
- Three times awarded Vogue Who’s on Next Mexico runner prize.
- Winner of Quorum Design Award
- Fashion spreads in prominent fashion editorials: Vogue Mexico, Vogue Italy, Elle Mexico, Harper's Bazaar Español, L'Officiel Mexico, Revista 192, I-D Mexico, Instyle Mexico, etc.
- Published in the Directory of Mexican Design presented at the MOMA in New York.
CIHUAH SHOWROOM Calle del Articulo 123 #116, Int. 207, Downtown District, Mexico City, Mexico. Tel: (+52) 55 55185021 - email@example.com
COLLECTIVO INTERNATIONAL 4310 Westheimer Rd. #250, CP 77041 Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
85 PARIS - LE 38 38 rue de l'Université, CP 75006 Paris, France.
PSYCHE 18 rue du Pont Louis Philippe, CP 75004 Paris, France.
SAKS FIFTH AVENUE MEXICO Centro Comercial Santa Fe, Mexico City, Mexico.
CAÑAMIEL CONCEPT STORE Park Plaza, Santa Fe, CP 01219, Mexico City, Mexico.
IKAL CONCEPT STORE Av. Pdte. Masaryk 340A, Colonia Polanco, Mexico City, Mexico.
Tel: (55) 8436 9969
MULIER CONCEPT STORE Avenida Prado Norte 543, Lomas de Chapultepec V Sección, CP 11000 Mexico City, Mexico. Tel: (55) 5282 4031
LUXURY AVENUE CANCÚN Blvd Kukulcán km 13 Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Mexico.
Tel: +52 (998) 848 7300
EMPATHY STORE Avenida Montevideo 3181, Colonia Lomas de Providencia
CP 44647 Guadalajara, Mexico.
HONNOM HENNES Rio Hudson 416 Oriente, CP 66220 San Pedro Garza Garcia
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
CASA R CONCEPT STORE Mesones 83, CP 37700, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
HOJA SANTA CONCEPT STORE Ancha de San Antonio 9, Centro, CP 37750 San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
CASA THO Paseo de Montejo 498, Colonia Centro, CP 97000 Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico.
SHOP ONLINE http://cihuah.myshopify.com https://www.mexicouture.mx/collections/cihuah