Cihuah is an Idea that Happens to Unite Architecture with Human body.
CLOTHING DESIGNED FOR WOMEN WHO WANT TO LOOK DIFFERENT.
VANESSA GUCKEL - FOUNDER AND CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Vanessa is the founder and creative director of the CIHUAH brand. Originally from France, she has been living in Mexico for the past 11 years, and it was here that she was inspired to begin her own label of exclusive, designer garments. Trained at the National School of Architecture in Strasbourg, France and the School of Architecture and Faculty of Fine Arts in Seville, Spain, she worked for several reputable architectural firms in both France and Mexico before turning to fashion design. With the understanding that, much like a building, “clothes are the spaces in which the human body lives”, Vanessa´s designs reflect an interplay between architectural concepts and fashion, resulting in a unique and striking image.
CIHUAH comes from the Nahuatl word for “women”, recognizing and acknowledging the indigenous women who create traditional craft designs. The brand pays tribute to the basic geometric patterns of indigenous Mexican clothing, respecting their basic geometry while creating a contemporary look.
CIHUAH provides a range of options, from basic items to iconic pieces, reinvented classics and trend items. All pieces are a sophisticated vision in white and black, designed with an attention to the straight line like an exercise of confrontation between the line and the human figure. Architectural theory and techniques are applied, on a small scale, to each garment, using: geometry, proportion, aesthetics, construction-deconstruction, symmetry-asymmetry, balance-imbalance.
CIHUAH's ambition is to propose and investigate, through experimentation, a theoretical discourse on a new way of living the human body, approaching fashion design with architectural elements which make our physical space.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- 2020: We decided not to present more collections and to change for a sustainable business model. Our best sellers, new collaborations, exclusive articles and innovative design are now our concepts and approaches for a more responsible industry.
- Special event with Atelier Cologne Perfumes in Casa Erasto House to celebrate our CIHUAHWOMEN 2019. #cihuahwomen
- SS19 during Design Week Mexico 2018 with a fashion performance in Casa Barragán - “Reactivating the public space with an artistic intervention”. (México, World Capital Design 2018)
- The brand pays tribute to its muses, Women Who Inspire Us (WWIU): CIHUAH Party to celebrate Françoise Lavertu in a colonial house in La Roma, CDMX (February 2018) and CIHUAH Breakfast at La Unica to celebrate Carla Ortega (May 2018) #cihuahmuse
- April 2018, CIHUAH FW18 and our first Jewellery Collection are presented in Mexico City at Frida Kahlo’s Museum.
- CIHUAH FW18: First presentation in NYC during NYFW at Casa Dragones Headquarters and a Trunk Show at 15th Central Park West.
- November 2017, CIHUAH received the Award as Best Fashion Runway.
- CIHUAH collaborates with Maison Lancôme Mexico.
- CIHUAH celebrates the French National Day in the Presidential Suite of the Sheraton Maria Isabel.
- November 2017, CIHUAH SS18 at the Museo del Eco with a dance performance of Ana Zambrano.
- April 2017, CIHUAH FW17 with a private concert by the famous pianist Michael Nyman in a abandoned church in Downtown, CDMX.
- Concrete Dress, Metal Dress and Wood Dress were exhibited during MBFWMX for the 'Bauhaus Collection'.
- In May 2016 CIHUAH® launches its new artistic project CIHUAH-ART®. Vanessa Guckel invites an artist in order to create a new artistic experience based on CIHUAH inspirations and concepts. (instagram @CIHUART)
- 2016, Vanessa was considered among the 100 Women Leaders in Mexico by Universal Newspaper.
- October 2016, CIHUAH collaborates with Puma to present its SS17 Collection during MBFWMX.
- February 2016, the brand presents an exclusive piece during MACO Art Fair.
- 2015, Lancôme Award winner for Best Woman Entrepreneurship and brand success.
- Three times awarded Vogue Who’s on Next Mexico runner prize.
- Winner of Quorum Design Award
- Fashion spreads in prominent fashion editorials: Vogue Mexico, Vogue Italy, Elle Mexico, Harper's Bazaar Español, L'Officiel Mexico, Revista 192, I-D Mexico, Instyle Mexico, etc.
- Published in the Directory of Mexican Design presented at the MOMA in New York.
CIHUAH SHOWROOM Calle del Articulo 123 #116, Int. 207, Downtown District, Mexico City, Mexico. Tel: (+52) 55 55185021 - firstname.lastname@example.org
85 PARIS - LE 38 38 rue de l'Université, CP 75006 Paris, France.
CAÑAMIEL CONCEPT STORE Park Plaza, Santa Fe, CP 01219, Mexico City, Mexico.
IKAL CONCEPT STORE Av. Pdte. Masaryk 340A, Colonia Polanco, Mexico City, Mexico.
Tel: (55) 8436 9969
MULIER CONCEPT STORE Avenida Prado Norte 543, Lomas de Chapultepec V Sección, CP 11000 Mexico City, Mexico. Tel: (55) 5282 4031
LUXURY AVENUE CANCÚN Blvd Kukulcán km 13 Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Mexico.
Tel: +52 (998) 848 7300
EMPATHY STORE Avenida Montevideo 3181, Colonia Lomas de Providencia
CP 44647 Guadalajara, Mexico.
HOJA SANTA CONCEPT STORE Ancha de San Antonio 9, Centro, CP 37750 San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
SHOP ONLINE http://cihuah.myshopify.com https://www.mexicouture.mx/collections/cihuah